- 8.30 am Teachers on duty. Road patrols begin Children can enter classrooms.
- Children should be at school by 8.45 am, ready to start the days program at 8.50 am
- 8.50 - 10.30 first block of teaching time
- 10.30 - 10.50- morning tea break
- 10.50 - 11.50 second block of teaching time
- 11.50 - 12 noon- short break
- 12 noon - 1 p.m. third block of teaching time
- 1 p.m. - 1.10 p.m. lunch eating in class
- 1.10 p.m.- 1.50 p.m. lunch break
- 1.50 - 3 p.m. fourth block of teaching time.
- School finishes at 3 p.m.
Children need to be collected from school by 3.15 pm. The Mt Roskill Primary School Board of Trustees has determined that any child not collected by 3.30 pm on any school day will be placed in the care of one of our specially appointed staff and their time in care will be charged to parents at the rate of $ 5.00 per 30 minutes. We do not offer any before school child care.
After School Classes
We have SKIDS (Safe kids in Daily Supervision) operating an after school care program in the School Hall and Quad daily from 3 - 6 p.m. and they also offer school holiday programs.
This is a structured program which includes supervision of homework tasks as well planned activities and free play. The SKIDS team provide afternoon tea for the children.
The cost is $75 per week but if you qualify for a WINZ subsidy this is reduced to $15 per week. If parents/caregivers are wanting part time care this is offered at $12 a day if picked up by 4 p.m. or $17 a day for 1-2 days or $16 a day for 3-4 days of care a week (pick up by 6 p.m.).
For further information and/or enrolment please ring the SKIDS office on 09 622 3458 or ring George on 021 278 4462 or Hazel on 0800 900 754.
The school office does not handle enrolments into the SKIDS program but can assist with giving parents/caregivers a brochure with an outline of the SKIDS program and contact details.
After School Programs Provided by the School
Mt Roskill Primary School does provide four programs after school every week. These are:
- Tuesday from 3.10 - 4.15 p.m. Year 5 & 6 Choir (Senior Choir) with Miss Dawson
- Wednesday from 3.10 - 4.15 p.m. Year 3 - 6 Kapa haka (Tuakana Group) with Mr Dellow & Whaea Felina
- Thursday from 3.10 - 4.15 p.m. Year 3 and 4 Choir (Middle School Choir) with Miss Dawson.
- Thursday from 3.10 - 4.15 p.m. School Band ( Years 5 & 6 children) with Mr Dellow.
Mr Dellow, Miss Dawson and Whaea Felina will audition children who are interested in joining these groups and alert children and caregivers if the child has been successful.
There is no cost to families for children to be part of these after school classes. Interested children will be called for a meeting early in the year and from there, parents/caregivers will be sent a newsletter whereby they give permission for their child to be part of these performance groups.
A condition of acceptance into these classes is a commitment to attending the after school class every week for the full school year. Parents need to organise for their child to be collected by 4.15 p.m from school on these days.